Tuesday, March 1, 2011

THE FIRST POST!!!!

Welcome to the first posting on the SMUSINGS with Bob Blog.  Through this blog I hope I can bring to you my vantage point on Saint Mary's University of Minnesota, our students and the Young Alumni Association.

For the next week (starting March 5th), I will be traveling to Chicago and to Rome, Italy with the Saint Mary's University Chamber Singers.  The Chamber Singers are a student vocal ensemble that tours each winter.  I will be posting daily updates on the acitivities and concerts from the tour.  Please check back and follow us in Chicago and in Italy.  For our Chicago alumni, parents and friends, the Chamber Singers will be serving as the guest choir at Holy Name Cathedral in dowtown Chicago at 5:15 p.m. this coming Saturday, March 5th.  Hope to see you there!

Ciao!

Bob


The Saint Mary's University of Minnesota Chamber Singers under the direction of Dr. Patrick O'Shea.

Holy Name Cathedral - Chicago, Illinois (The Chamber Singers will be serving as the guest choir at 5:15 Mass on Saturday, March 5, 2011).


Saint Peter's Basillica - Vatican City (The Saint Mary's Chamber Singers will be serving as a choir on March 11, 2011).







5 comments:

  1. Hey, this is a great idea. Looking forward to the posts. I pray for safe travels for everyone...and I hope all the singers and directors have a great experience. Have Fun.
    Len Uhal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Len,

    Thanks for the comment and for your wonderful prayers. Stay tuned for more glimpses into the travels to Italy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to comment on the wonderful group picture of the Chamber Singers...but who's the kid in the front row with the sun glasses on? Oh, that's my son...he forgets he has transition lenses and should take his glasses off for outdoor pics! Have fun in Italy gang...
    Len

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear the group arrived safely in Rome. Rock the town, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did Everyone enjoy Assisi? A wonderful town...spirit-filled location with the Poor Clares and Franciscans there! I understand you sang a couple songs there...cool! I bet the acoustics were awesome. Enjoy Ash Wednesday's performance.
    Len

    ReplyDelete